5277 Planner I
$29.85 – $36.28/hour; $5,174.00 – $6,288.00/month; $62,088.00 – $75,452.00/year
There are two 5277 Planner I positions available in the Current Planning Division, City and County of San Francisco
The first position in our Current Planning Division will specifically support the Northwest Quadrant Team. The 5277 Planner I will assist with reviewing and process of discretionary permits and land use applications within a specific geographic area of the City, in conformance with the City’s long-range planning goals for the team.
The second position in our Current Planning Division, will specifically support the Historic Preservation Team. The 5277 Planner I will assist in the data collection and mapping of completed historic resource surveys. Tasks include conducting focused archival research, finalizing survey documents, synthesizing survey data and creating maps using GIS. The ideal candidate should have an educational background in historic preservation; strong writing, organizational; and analytical skills; and GIS mapping experience.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing building permits, variances, use permit and other miscellaneous permit applications;
- Recording appropriate data and preparing recommendations for the department, Planning Commission and other City Commissions;
- Reviewing planning activities, goals, programs, zoning ordinances, rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Providing information orally and in writing to City agencies, property owners, developers, community organizations and the general public;
- Conducting site and field inspections of land, economic activities, transit patterns, buildings and streets;
- Preparing computer based and hard copy graphic materials;
- Conducting research studies, surveys and interviews to obtain data and formulating recommendations to assist in planning policies, plans for future developments and determinations of the environmental impacts of proposed projects;
- Assisting in the preparation, revision and performing of updates of the General Plan and Planning Code and other governmental regulatory codes.
- Planner I’s may be required to attend meetings or participate in work-related activities outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends) in various community locations. Some positions may require possession of a valid driver license and may require specialized experience in order to perform department-specific planning duties.
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in city, regional, or urban planning, or a closely related field such as architecture, landscape architecture, geography, urban studies, public administration, historical preservation, or environmental studies;
Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND one (1) year of city or urban planning, transportation, urban design, historical preservation, architectural or environmental review experience.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience with Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Strong analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process.
Visit: http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=TEX&R2=5277&R3=067722 to register an account and view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.