Papers and articles on the history of PN and related organizations:
- A History of PEO: Planners for Equal Opportunity (1999) (2.37 MB)
By Walter Thabit
- Origins and History of PN (2002)
By Chester Hartman
Papers from the International Meeting on Democracy, Equality and Quality of Life. Puerto Alegre, Brazil. December 5-8, 1999.
- The Real Estate Market in the United States: Progressive Strategies (77 KB)
by Tom Angotti (pdf file–you’ll need Acrobat Reader to download paper)
- Participatory Budgeting in Brazil (17 KB)
by William W. Goldsmith
- Creating a Progressive Community/University Partnership Through Empowerment Planning (1 KB)
by Kenneth Reardon
Papers Prepared for Planners Network in 1996.
- National Urban Policy
by Peter Dreier
- Community Based Planning
by Marie Kennedy
by Tom Angotti
Cases of Progressive Planning
The following case studies demonstrate how grassroots planning initiatives can contribute tocommunity empowerment. We will be adding other examples as they become available.
From PN’s 1996 Conference