Toronto has seen the remarkable growth of community land trusts (CLTs) in the last 10 years. These CLTs have been established as a community-led alternative to address issues of eviction, displacement, structural racism and speculation. Now, they have come to embody the second generation of the Canadian CLT movement. Please join this panel discussion to learn how Toronto’s CLTs are pursuing transformative changes built on the principles of housing justice, racial equity and economic democracy. RSVP for Zoom link!
What is Planners Network?
Planners Network is a coordinated network of individual members and of chapters based in cities, regions, and campuses around North America, also known as Turtle Island, and beyond. We publish the online magazine Progressive City, distribute a monthly newsletter, participate in and lead advocacy and organizing efforts, host public events, and gather for conferences.
The Planners Network Steering Committee developed a new statement of principles in November, 2021. View the statement here.
About Planners Network
Planners Network is a 501 (3) (c) non-profit organization.
- Get details on how to Join Planners Network
- For submissions to the new online Magazine, Progressive City: Radical Alternatives, visit www.progressivecity.net/contact (scroll down for submission guidelines) and email: info(at)progressivecity(dot)net
- Download the Disorientation Guide in the News & Knowledge section.
- See back issues of the former print magazine (including the last issue: Spring 2016: Fighting Displacement in Barcelona) in the News & Knowledge section.
- See the latest E-Newsletter by clicking here.
- See the latest Individual Membership Directory.