The City of Philadelphia is seeking passionate candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of planning experience OR a Master’s degree OR AICP certification to join one of our planning teams across the City. Make an impact on our community with your planning education and experience during a historic time for infrastructural development. The City offers a diverse and inclusive environment, work-life balance and many other total rewards of public service. The starting salary range is $64,542 – $72,620 per year.
The Department of Planning and Development works in collaboration with communities to promote, plan, preserve, and develop successful neighborhoods for all. We work to promote equity, operate openly, and engage residents in our work.
The City Planner II role will conduct detailed research and analysis and make planning recommendations.
Some must-haves for this role:
- Knowledge of the scope and objectives of city planning
- Skill in Microsoft Office Suite, GIS Mapping Software, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion for community engagement and promoting equality for all Philadelphia neighborhoods
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university in a planning-related field and two years of technical city planning experience in architectural design, urban design, streetscape design, site planning OR
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will be determined by the Office of Human Resources to be equivalent to the specified degree requirement
We are committed to building a team that represents Philadelphia. Black, Indigenous, Latino/a/x, Asian, and other people of color, immigrants, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people who are differently abled or neurodiverse are encouraged to apply!
Note that the application deadline has been extended until 4/7/23.
Full posting can be found at: https://phila.peopleadmin.com/postings/99282