- Position Title: Managing Director
- Employer’s Name: Just Cities Institute
- Job Location (City, State): Berkeley/Oakland, California
- Job description: Just Cities Institute (JCI) seeks a strategic, creative, and detail-oriented individual who thrives on managing and improving organizational systems to serve as our inaugural Managing Director (MD). JCI is rapidly expanding from start-up mode, and we are seeking someone with a strong commitment to racial and social justice to help steward our transition to the next exciting phase. This includes setting up and/or fine-tuning sustainable infrastructure during this time of organizational growth, as well as being an essential team member and thought partner on strategic issues with the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Managing Director plans and manages organization-wide operations and activities, including but not limited to fiscal management, fund development systems, risk management, human resources, and office systems. The Managing Director supervises the Administrative and Operations Manager (AOM), part-time Office Manager, and is primary contact with the outside Accountant.
JCI is grounded in trust, mutual respect, and equity. In all of our relationships with each other, and with community members, we hold ourselves accountable to advance human rights, be truthful, uplift rather than undermine, and conduct our work in a focused, dedicated, and effective way. We are seeking a team member who is excited about sharing these accountabilities. Among other things, this means that when a conflict arises, which is inevitable, we address it openly and lean into our relationships as mutually respectful colleagues, rather than into structural authority.
- Weblink for further information: https://www.