Position Title: Executive Director
Employer’s Name: Sawmill Community Land Trust
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM
Under the direction of the Board, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and operations of Sawmill Community Land Trust, a membership based, non-profit organization with a mission to develop vibrant, prosperous neighborhoods through the creation and stewardship of permanently affordable housing in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of policies set by the Board as well as annual goals and objectives, and financial, program, and administrative oversight of the organization.
- Development, management, and maintenance of Sawmill CLT’s financial resources and administrative systems with direct responsibility for preparation of an annual budget, implementation of a fundraising plan, and presentation of timely reports to the Board.
- Management and coordination of a variety of programs for the construction, rehabilitation, and management of housing, commercial and community development projects
- Management and supervision of in-house staff, contracted professionals and consulting services.
- Ongoing promotion and public advocacy of Sawmill CLT’s mission, message and interests to funders, lenders, partners, members, and the general public.
- Providing information, guidance, training and support to the Board of Directors.
Qualifications, Education & Skills Required:
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to social and economic justice in general and affordable housing in particular.
- Ability to develop, maintain, articulate and pursue vision of present and future potential of Sawmill CLT.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent written and verbal skills.
- Effective organizational, time management and administrative skills; ability to work independently while motivating and supporting staff.
- Thorough understanding of property development, housing finance, and community and economic development strategies.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Leadership skills including effective public speaking, consensus building and ability to initiate community involvement efforts.
- Ability to use spreadsheets, word processing software.
- Ability to plan strategically and to assemble resources to accomplish objectives.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the community land trust model, including the role of stewardship.
- Experience with community-based planning processes.
- Affordable housing development experience, including knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits and assembling of financing from multiple sources.
- Previous executive leadership experience.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, $50K – $60K, plus medical benefits and flexible vacation time.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, a resume and three professional references by June 30 toSteveKinberger@abqhch.org
Sawmill Community Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply