The City of Bridgeport, CT is now accepting resumes for the position of
Economic Development Associate
Salary: $54,816.00 – This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including a Retirement Pension administered by MERS (Municipal Employees Retirement System).
To Apply: Please mail, deliver or email a resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references (name, title, business/company name, and contact information), to the Civil Service Commission office, 45 Lyon Terrace, room 106, Bridgeport, CT 06604. Required documents can be emailed to COB.Jobs@bridgeportct.gov.
Resumes must be submitted or postmarked no later than Friday, June 26, 2015.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Economic Development Associate works as the primary support staff person updating the City’s economic development strategy and planning the implementation of various economic and community development projects. Works in partnership with businesses, non-profit organizations, and government entities to coordinate programs and projects. These may include: business assistance, physical development, financial assistance and resource development. Performs a full range of tasks related to assisting in the management of major projects and initiative for the Office of Planning and Economic Development.
The Economic Development Associate Acts under the direction of the Deputy Director of OPED Administration.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of a coordinated capital access and technical assistance network in cooperation with public and private partners.
- Create and maintain a user-friendly database of economic and environmental information on potential redevelopment properties in the city. Assist in the marketing of the sites to private and public entities for investment and development.
- Assist with the marketing and administration of the city’s business incentive programs, including the Enterprise Zone and Foreign Trade Zone.
- Provide outreach services to local businesses as a representative of the city.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets for state and federal economic development programs.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for public meetings. Attend public meetings as instructed by executive staff.
- Undertake project management responsibilities and perform related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 3 -5 years of responsible working experience in urban planning, public administration, business administration, or real estate development is required.
- A graduate degree in business administration, public administration or planning is required and may be substituted for two years relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of business finance, real estate development, and city planning.
- Working knowledge of economic development finance or commercial credit is required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with business owners, community leaders, bankers and government officials.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
This job description is not, nor is to be intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities and qualifications which comprise this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer MF/AA/DIS
For further information and contact:
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
45 LYON TERRACE
BRIDGEPORT, CT 06604
Contact Us: COB.Jobs@bridgeportct.gov