Our New Statement of Principles
The Planners Network Steering Committee developed a new statement of principles in November, 2021. View the statement here.
Activism in the Real Estate State
Writing in Capital City, Samuel Stein outlined the challenges for urban planning in a time when tenant activism is one of the few counterweights aligned against powerful interests in real estate as a financialized investment.
Drawing from the work of housing activists from Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, this discussion, held on January 25th, reflects on strategies and struggles for housing justice in a time of growing housing precarity and evictions.
What is Planners Network?
Planners Network is a coordinated network of individual members and of chapters based in cities, regions, and campuses around North America, also known as Turtle Island, and beyond. We publish the online magazine Progressive City, distribute a monthly newsletter, participate in and lead advocacy and organizing efforts, host public events, and gather for conferences.
About Planners Network
Planners Network is a 501 (3) (c) non-profit organization.
- Get details on how to Join Planners Network
- For submissions to the new online Magazine, Progressive City: Radical Alternatives, visit www.progressivecity.net/contact (scroll down for submission guidelines) and email: info(at)progressivecity(dot)net
- Download the Disorientation Guide in the News & Knowledge section.
- See back issues of the former print magazine (including the last issue: Spring 2016: Fighting Displacement in Barcelona) in the News & Knowledge section.
- See the latest E-Newsletter by clicking here.
- See the latest Individual Membership Directory.