How to Organize a Local Chapter
- Review the information about chapters, the listings of chapter updates and events, and the chapter profiles in the Disorientation Guide, to learn about existing chapters and how they work.
- Contact local students, professors, and practitioners who might be interested, to establish a core organizing group. Send an announcement about the new chapter to the pn-net listserv and the PN e-newsletter, and look through the PN member directory to find local members.
- If there is enough local interest, schedule an open meeting to introduce people to Planners Network, discuss the potential roles and activities of a local chapter, and decide whether to establish a chapter. Order Planners Network promotional materials and magazines for your meeting in advance, by submitting a materials request form.
- Register your chapter with PN by submitting a local chapter registration form.
- Organize an initial public event, set up a local PN email listserv, connect with other local organizations, and get active!
The Planners Network can provide promotional materials and a chapter registration form to help with initial organizing. Please contact: chapters(at)plannersnetwork(dot)org to obtain these forms as well as more specific advice and information on organizing.
Download the Planners Network brochure to distribute at your next meeting!